- MASTER STUDIES
- MSc IN BIOMOLECULES & CELL DYNAMICS
- MSc IN MOLECULAR BIOMEDICINE
- MSc IN BIOTECHNOLOGY
- ADMISSION PROCEDURE
- FINAL DISSERTATION (TFM) OFFERS
- DOCTORAL STUDIES
Biomaterials and Regenerative Engineering - CTB - UPM
Cell biology and Dynamics
DESCRIPTION OF THE OFFER
The main target of our lab is to conduct research to develop new biomaterials for applications in tissue engineering, mainly based on silk fibroin in different formats and on the biofunctionalization of conventional biomaterials. Related to this aim, our research also intends to contribute to the understanding of basic questions in the field of mechanobiolgy.
The main goal of this TFM will be the analysis of the adhesive mechanisms of mesenchymal stem cells on fibroin films. This general objective is broken down into the following specific objectives:
- Produce relevant biomedical substrates, (i.e., fibroin films).
- Develop and implementation of a protocol to functionalize relevant biomedical substrates.
- Characterize cell adhesion events as a function of substrate features.
- Improvement of MSC adhesion behavior by means of silk functionalization.
Biomolecules & Cell D.
Rafael Daza García