2nd Application period opened: An extraordinary new period to apply for two of the Masters from this Programme (Master in Biomolecules and Cell Dynamics, and Master in Biotechnology) has been opened already. The deadline to apply is September the 3nd. Unfortunately it is NOT possible to apply a second time if you already applied during the first period and your application was denied. This second period is ONLY for NEW applicants. There won't be a second period for the Master in Molecular Biomedicine, and there are absolutely NO guarantees that a second period will be opened the next years.
Application period for the academic year 2017-18: from the 1st of March until the 31st of May 2017. Initially a second period for applications it's not scheduled for these three Masters, so all the prospective students must assume that this period will be the first and the last. More information on the "Enrolment & Academic Calendar" for the 2017-18 course available for download from the UAM's website.
Before the application, prospective students must check if they meet the basic requirements (or are planning to meet them in a near future -even after the deadline-. In that case please check the "IMPORTANT" note below):
- Official university qualification such as an undergraduate degree, bachelor’s degree or other equivalent, in one of the following Experimental or Health Sciences: Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Medicine, Biotechnology, Pharmacy, Veterinary, or other similar degrees. A good understanding of molecular biology and biochemistry is a must.
- An official certificate of level of English (IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge English, Trinity College, EOI ("Escuela Oficial de Idiomas") etc. with at least a B2 (or equivalent) level in the following competences: Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing. This doesn't apply for students coming from english-speaking countries/universities/schools.
During the admission procedure (which in this first stage is done entirely online), a scanned copy of the following documents will be required:
- Bachelor's diploma
- Transcript of records from the Bachelor's degree
- Average Grade statement (see "Average Grade statement")
- CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- Certificate of level of English (or at least some proof that you'll get it, at last, before the second enrolment deadline in September)
- Specific documents required for each master (reference letter(s) etc.).
These documents must be official and in the following languages: spanish, english, french, italian and/or portuguese. They don't need to be legalized in this first stage, but if you're admitted you'll have to provide legalized copies of them (see "Legalization and translation of documents"). There's a small fee (27€ approx.) for each application, that will be deducted from your enrolment fee in case you're admitted.
IMPORTANT: Admission requests may be submitted before completing the required undergraduate studies or getting the english level certificate (that is: you can apply to the Programme between March-May even if you're planning to finish your current undergraduate studies or get your english level certificate in September). However, completed undergraduate studies and english level certificate are required for final enrolment in June/July or September. Applicants are required to inform the Postgraduate Studies Center immediately as soon as the required undergraduate studies and/or english level certificate are completed.
If the applicant fulfills the requirements then she/he can start with the application, whose steps are (in this order):
- Register online as a new UAM student (only necesary the first time you apply for studying at the UAM) (more info here).
- Request the general admission ("Apply") to the Master(s) of your choice through the SIGMA website within the first period (more info here). Take into account that usually there's no "Second round of applications" for these Masters.
- Fill the "Specific selection online form" of the Master of your choice whose link will be send by e-mail to all the applicants when the first deadline is over. This is a COMPULSORY step within the application procedure so the Admission Committee of the Programme can evaluate your request..
Please also note the following:
- This is just a translated summary of the official and most updated information available in spanish at the UAM's website here.
- Late submissions of the "Specific selection online form" won't be accepted.
- You must NOT create an account in this specific website in order to access the specific selection form.
- The specific selection form has to be submitted just ONCE, even if you have applied for more than one Master of the Programme.
- After filling the specific selection form of this website that will be sent by e-mail to you when the deadline ends, you just have to wait until you're admitted (status "Admitido" -you can check the status of your application at any time by login into the SIGMA website-), and ONLY in that case follow STEP 6 ("Submission of documents in hard copy") and STEP 7 ("Enrolment") of the general instructions located here: http://www.uam.es/ss/Satellite/en/1242683528550/sinContenido/Accession_and_Admission_to_Postgraduate_Studies.htm
- If you have any questions, please contact us through the "Contact" link on the upper menu.