EMBL Conference "Lifelong Learning in the Biomedical Sciences"
Friday, 15 April, 2016 - 12:15
The Organising Committee cordially invite you to attend the EMBL Conference on “Lifelong Learning in the Biomedical Sciences”. This conference is a new international forum to bring together the key influencers, policymakers, trainers and stakeholders from academia, industry and the professional bodies who will shape and implement how career-long continuing professional development is managed in the future. It will encompass career-long continuing professional development for both the academic and industry sectors. The foundations for this event were built by the LifeTrain initiative and a series of workshops: http://www.lifetrain.eu/join-us/our-workshops/.
The conference will take place in Heidelberg, Germany on 5-7 July 2016 (www.embl.de/training/events/2016/LLL16-01).
Participating will provide you with:
· An understanding of potential clients’ training needs
· Insights into new methods for training busy, established professionals
· Using competency profiles to enhance development of training programmes
· Networking with other course providers and trainers, employers, professional bodies, researchers and policy makers
· A choice of interactive workshops to assist delegates to implement continuing professional development practices in their organisations or contribute to further discussions of conference topics
· An opportunity to promote your organisation at the free Showcase event
We invite you to submit your abstract and/or workshop proposal by 28 April 2016. General registration is open until 19 May 2016. We are looking forward to your registration and to seeing you in Heidelberg!
The Organising Committee
Lynda Wight (TOPRA), Christa Janko (EMTRAIN), Mike Hardman (AstraZeneca) and Claire Johnson (EMBL-EBI)